Thursday, June 2, 2011

7 days and counting...

Well, my Visa is currently being processed in Washington DC... I expedited the order...I hope I get it by tomorrow.  My flight is scheduled for Wednesday the 8th, departing out of CVG.  I'm getting a little nervous about wrapping up all my loose ends here in the U.S. but Mom and Dad are a huge help.  Rachel and Emily are planning a good-bye picnic at Mt. Storm Park this coming Tuesday... I think I'm just going to invite everyone I know in Cincinnati.  Monday I'm meeting up with my brother Paul, his fiance, and some of their friends at Cedar Point.  I think Rachel said she might be able to go as well, and I'm trying to talk a few of my other friends into joining us.  Saturday and Sunday will be devoted to moving all of my stuff (I have at least 10 boxes of just books! Holy crap!) over to my parents new house somewhere in Kentucky.  I'd tell you exactly where but I really have no idea what the name of their city is... Kinsgate???  As I am a GRATEFUL and LOVING daughter (here's looking at you, Mom and Dad) who has GENEROUS, PATIENT, LOVING, parents I will also be helping to clean up the new house a bit on Friday.  Luckily, I am at one with cleaning supplies.

At noon today I performed in an Atrium Concert with Rachel... the 23rd Piano Concerto of, one, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Actually, what really happened was that I got the music at 6pm last night and read the piece down and the handed the 2nd horn part to Rachel at 11:15 this morning who sightread the concert.  Are we amazing or what?  That's right. And while you might be asking, "Well Cecilia, wasn't it fracktacular?" I must respond with a big "NO!" because, once again, Rachel and I are amazing.  It was more like frack-light on my part.

As for tomorrow evening, I'm performing with the Wind Ensemble under the direction of the brilliant Dr. Terrance Milligan.  Nothing like a little Sousa to end my time here at CCM. 

Well. Until next time. 

~Big Cat   *meow*

1 comment:

  1. "Every time a brass player fracks, an angel gets cancer."

    ReplyDelete